Virtual Telehealth Visits
Orthopedic Associates of Northern California offers existing and new patients virtual appointments. Meet one-on-one with our board-certified orthopedic surgeons from the comfort of your home or office. Virtual appointments are conducted with the same level of quality and professionalism as in-person appointments. Virtual appointments will afford you the ability to discuss your condition, symptoms, history of your injury or condition, and more without compromising the personal experience of an in-office visit.
- TeleHealth visits and In-Office visits are essentially the same given the “Face to Face” time with your doctor still occurs. To simplify, the billing and how your insurance processes the charge does not change. Your co-pay, deductible and co-insurance remains the same as a result.
- For self-pay patients we honor the same 20% discount off our fee for service schedule as we do for all other medical services we provide.
- Call our office (530) 897-4500 or submit our online contact form.
- Explain your request for a virtual visit
- One of our staff will contact you to schedule a convenient date and time for your Virtual Visit
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communication to provide clinical services to patients without the need for an in-person visit. In our practice, we use an app-based platform called OrthoLive to provide private, HIPAA-compliant telemedicine visits to patients.
What type of device do I need for my visit?
Any device with a camera and microphone. When you schedule an appointment, our team will help walk you through what to expect and how to get started.
Do I need Wifi to have my visit?
No, WiFi is not required, but it is highly recommended. You will need the ability to connect to the internet, so if you do not have WiFi at your location you will need a mobile device with LTE, 4G or 3G service.
Will insurance pay for a telemedicine appointment?
Yes. Most insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid, now cover telemedicine visits.
Is there a price difference for a telemedicine appointment?
No. There is no extra cost for telemedicine appointments and we bill insurance using the same codes as an in-person visit.
How do I schedule a telemedicine appointment?
Not all appointments can be telemedicine appointments. However, if your appointment can be done via telemedicine and you would like to do so, please just let us know when we’re scheduling your appointment.
I’ve never seen a doctor at your practice. Can my first visit be a telemedicine visit?
Possibly! Give us a call and we’ll determine if you’re eligible to use our telemedicine option for your first visit.
My call isn’t clear. What can I do to improve the signal?
- Download the latest operating system update for your device. Your operating system (iOS or Android) occasionally releases new versions you can download for free. These often contain improvements for known issues and security fixes.
- Try using another device if you have one handy.
- Restart your device. Restarting your phone or tablet can help clear out apps in the background, freeing up computing power for your call.
- If you’re using your phone provider’s network, consider switching to Wifi.
- Move closer to your router if you’re connected to Wifi. In most cases, the strongest signal will be directly next to your router.
- Disconnect other devices from your home Wifi network. Consider removing or turning off other devices (laptops, TVs, etc.) using your Wifi to free up bandwidth for your telemedicine appointment.
I am in the Waiting Room and I don’t see my provider at the time of my appointment. Am I in the correct place?
Yes. Just like in-office visits, sometimes providers may run a few minutes behind as they work to treat other patients. Please be patient and your provider will be with you as soon as possible.